Stonehouse Community Partnership (SCP)
Stonehouse Community Partnership was established about seven years ago. It is made up of local residents, voluntary organisations and local councillors from Stonehouse, Stroud District and Gloucestershire County Council.
The Chair of SCP is Stonehouse Rotarian John Jeynes. John said, “We are always keen to recruit new members to SCP to help on a wide range of working groups. Everyone is made welcome and their input is valued. If you would like to know more please e-mail me with your contact details and I'll be happy to talk with you.”
Stonehouse Community Partnership seeks to bring co-ordination and leadership to voluntary and community action to make Stonehouse a desirable place to live, learn, work, shop and play.
We will achieve this vision by:
- Working with Stonehouse Town Council to promote voluntary and community action
- Consulting and developing close links with town traders and commercial businesses in Stonehouse
- Encouraging visitors to the town through running events, providing signage, developing the High Street and exploiting opportunities presented by the restoration of the Stroudwater canal
- Working with youth to improve delivery of youth activities and facilities in the town
- Working with schools and All Pulling Together (APT) to ensure that young people are supported and helped throughout their school years and where appropriate beyond into employment
How we work
The SCP has a Steering Group of five members chaired by John Jeynes which gives leadership and oversight to working group projects, charity and grant applications and financial regulation. SCP has four working groups:
Events Group: This goup is responsible for organising town events like the Summer Jolly and The Goodwill Fest.
Stonehouse Opportunities: This group delivers a number of initiatives in the Park Estate under the All Pulling Together project. Activities and learning opportunities at APT include:
- How Computers can Improve Your Health
- Well Being Info On Line
- Healthy Cooking
- Community Walks
- Arts and Crafts
Footpaths and Cycleway Working Group:This group ensures that rights of way are being maintained, have appropriate signage and are mapped out into a number of walks and cycle routes. The group have recently carried out a full survey of every footway within our district
Schools Working Group: This new group includes The Shrubberies, Park Infants and Juniors and Maidenhill School. It aims to help the schools to work together to develop joint projects, access funding and maximise income, including through developing stronger links with local businesses.
Canal Working Group:This new group aims to maximise the opportunities the resoration of Stroudwater canal presents for Stonehouse. It has been exploring ideas and investigating issues surrounding land ownership and Gloucestershire County and Stroud District Council’s intentions for the Old Ship Inn site at Bridgend
View the Stonehouse Neighbourhood Plan Submission draft